Saturday, January 29, 2011

Day 29 - Waist Loss

My favorite jeans fit.  Finally.  I've been wearing them occasionally, despite their being too tight and cutting off my circulation when sitting, but today I tried them on after a week of not wearing them and discovered that they now fit (just barely) in the waist.  Yay!  I didn't stick to my diet two or three days this week, so I was not optimistic that inches had been lost.  But they have, and that's a good thing.

My current mini goal is for my favorite jeans to fit loosely by March 1.  Loosely means almost too big everywhere but the waist, which will fit perfectly and accomodate a belt.  Loosely means I can wash and dry them on hot without having to remember to pull them from the dryer after 15 minutes and hang dry them the rest of the way to prevent further shrinkage.  Loosely means they fit great when I put them on.  No stretching of the seat or the waist needed.  No muffin top.

I created a spreadsheet to track my exercise.  I track it on here, but I want to be able to see my total hours for each month at a quick glance.  For some reason, I am finding logging my exercise times very motivating.  It's as if exercising helps compensate for all the uncertainty in my life.  I am in control of that one thing.  And at the end of the day, if I've eaten M&Ms at the office or too many chips at the Mexican restaurant with friends, at least I have exercised.  At least I have done one thing right. 

My grandmother had one of these.  My brother and I would roll on the floor in fits of laughter when she used it.  She was a large woman, and her vibrating belly fat was a sight to behold.

No comments:

Post a Comment