Monday, January 10, 2011

Day 10 - Clutter

My house is cluttered.  A lot of it is surface clutter that cleans up in about an hour.  But there is other unseen clutter hidden in closets, drawers, and the garage.  Some of this clutter can be thrown away or donated but much of it is useful.  The real problem is organization.  Not one of my strong suits. 

This weekend I decided to inact a new resolution.  Every week I will work on organizing one element of my house.  It doesn't all have to get done in that one week, but I must commit to that single area before moving on to another.  So here's my list of places to tackle inside the house.  The garage is a whole other animal:

1.  Master closet (clothes but there is room on high shelves for storing other things)
2.  Craft/exercise room and closet (the trouble with this room is that the closet is not organized and so I have no place to put stuff that is on the table)
3.  Guest room closet (full of Christmas stuff that could be better organized, but not too bad)
4.  Entertainment room closet (needs organizing to make better use of space - not a big job)
5.  Hall cabinets (could knock this off in an hour or two)
6.  Dresser in hallway (paper filing)

I would love to be organized.  I fantasize about it.  When my house is clean and tidy, I feel relaxed and infinitely more creative and optimistic. 

I planned to clean up surface clutter yesterday so that I can give the house a good cleaning, but I did not.  Instead I lollygagged the day away, reading and watching an old movie.  I did go for an hour walk and made some baked pasta to last me through the week.  But organize I did not. 

Would like to get in 9 hours of exercise again this week, but that might be unrealistic.  I travel Tuesday and Wednesday and am not likely to fit in much, if any, exercise.  Will need to exercise for 30 minutes tomorrow morning before I go.  Wednesday will likely be a rest day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment