Monday, January 17, 2011

Day 17 - Sweet Tooth

I can't stop eating sweets.  I'm not eating a lot of sweets, which is a good thing, but I am eating something sweet nearly everyday.  I sort of thought I'd be over the cravings by day 17.  As much as I hate the idea, I'm thinking I should start writing down what I eat.  Nothing like full awareness to keep me accountable. 

Yesterday I ate a small scoop of Trader Joe's pomegranate blueberry sherbet.  About 150 calories worth.  Then while I was watching TV, I ate some natural licorice sweetened with molasses for another 130 calories.  I suppose in the grand scheme of things 280 calories worth of sugary food is not too bad, but if I had skipped both and had an apple instead, I'd be ahead by 200 calories.  That's a lot. 

Nevertheless, I am losing weight.  I don't know exactly how much, as I am not quite ready to face the scale, but my clothes are a tiny bit looser and I feel much more comfortable in my workout pants, which is an indication that body fat is on the move.  I'm guessing I've lost at least 4 lbs, which would keep me on target for 2 lbs a week.   More would be great, but I'm good with 2 if that means I don't get obsessive and all-or-nothing crazy with my weight loss program. 

Still exercising nearly every day.  I have a touch of sciatica in my right leg that's been giving me fits.  It usually works itself out within a week, so I'm hoping things will improve if I cut back on the walking.  Swimming is best, but I'm fine on the elliptical as well. 

Spent 20 minutes on the nordic ski machine last night.  Haven't been on in at least a year.  Yikes.  I really work up a sweat on that thing.  It irritated my sciatica a little bit but not too bad.  Nothing like walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment