Sunday, January 23, 2011

Day 23 - Exercise Good, Eating Not So Much

Over the past 23 days, I have put in 25 hours of exercise, not including house cleaning.  I have taken 4 rest days.  I'm still pretty tired at the end of each day, but I'm finding it much easier to get going.  I've noticed that I'm working out with more intensity as time progresses. 

My eating, on the other hand, could use some improvement.  I do well about 5 days a week, but the other two not so much.  Last week I struggled with simple carbs.  I ate peanut M&Ms in the office, went out for Mexican food with a friend one night and gorged on chips, and stopped for a fast food burger and fries on my way home Thursday night, followed up with leftover pizza at 9pm.  Ugh. 

I have not been writing down my daily food intake.  I know I should, but it's one more thing I'd have to make time for, and I don't have much extra time these days, especially given my exercise schedule. 

I found my 100 Days of Weight Loss book and am going to go through the exercises again.  When I used this book a year ago, I lost 40lbs.  I've gained 25 back, but nothing I can do about that except lose it again. 

Felt the old woe is me emotions creeping up this week after a particularly exhausting day of exercise and dieting.  I miss the days before hypothyroidism when a week of hard work resulted in 3 or 4 lbs lost.  I am lucky now to lose 1 or 2.  But I refuse to let this get to me.  Giving up on my health and weight loss goals for the long haul will only hurt me in the end.  

No comments:

Post a Comment