Friday, February 4, 2011

Day 35 - January in Review

I exercised for 34 hours in January.  I'm happy with that number.  I took a total of 5 rest days, all of them while traveling for business.  It's tough fitting exercise into my schedule when away from home.

Although there were many days during the month that I ate healthy, low calorie meals, I did splurge quite a few times on ice cream, chips and salsa, coconut cake, bread, and mexican food.  I think for February I need to focus on eating paleo more often than not.  With some planning, I should be able to eat paleo 80% of the time without too much trouble.  I also want to focus on allowing myself one indulgent day a week.  Studies show that overeating or eating something different once a week helps wake up your metabolism.  Too much of the same thing, and it gets in a rut.  If I limit my free meals to only one day a week, I think I'll see better results.

Despite my imperfect dieting, I have lost weight.  My fat jeans stretch out when I wear them at the office and by noon are much too big to look good.  So that's progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment