Sunday, February 6, 2011

Day 37 - Tuckered Out

Today my body was tired.  Determined to stick to my goal of 6 hours of exercise over the past 3 days (including today), I put on my sneakers and headed out the door as if every muscle in my body wasn't crying out for me to stop.  I took an hour long walk in the middle of the day with Bella, and I had to push myself to keep going every step of the way.

My plan was to spend 30-45 minutes in the gym doing some aggressive circuit training followed by a 30 minute swim, but after my dog walk, I fell asleep on the couch.  Then later, when cleaning up my room, I fell asleep on my bed.  When I came to, it was nearly 5pm, and the gym closes at 6pm.  So I rushed out and made it there with 55 minutes to close.  I gave circuit training everything I had for 25 minutes and then swam easy to moderate laps for another 25 minutes.  In the end, I was proud of myself for persevering, even if it took two short naps to get me into gear.

I work plyometrics into my circuit training, alternating between upper and lower body.  Today's 25 minute routine was something like this:  2 minute treadmill warm up followed by a 1 minute jog, 1set of chest presses, 2 minutes hard cycling on stationary bike, 1 set bicep curls with free weights, 1 minute stability ball jumps, 1 set chest pulls, 30 seconds jump squats, 1 minute ball catches, 2 min stationary bike, 1 minute ball throws, overhead presses, jump squats, leg presses, stability ball, hamstring presses, treadmill, tricep curls, lunges.  Didn't seem like I did so many different things, but now that I see it in writing, no wonder I was so wiped out after only 25 minutes.

This was my first time doing jump squats.  I saw them online and decided to give them a try.  The you tube athletes make them look so easy, but oh my.  I tired quickly.  I was hoping to do them for a minute, but could only get through 30 seconds.  My legs felt like lead.

Had a smoothie for dinner. No sugar added.  One small banana, frozen strawberries, unsweetened almond milk, amino protein powder, and ice.  Calorie count was about 250.  Not bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment