Sunday, February 13, 2011

Day 44 - Sciatica

My sciatica is not getting better.  I take that back.  It felt better last week, but now it's worse than ever.  I'm guessing all this working out is stressing my piriformis muscle, but I don't want to stop.  I didn't walk today because walking does seem to stress it.  Unfortunately for Bella, I won't walk again tomorrow.  I'm hoping that by taking 4 or 5 days off from walking, things will get better.

The elliptical, stationary bike, and swimming don't seem to affect my sciatica too much, at least not during the workout.  So I'll concentrate on those activities this week.  Pilates is good too.

I was tired today.  Don't know when I've been this tired.  I took some Exedrin PM last night, and I think it took all day to work it's way out of my system.  I was exhausted all day.  Productive but exhausted.

Ate a lot of carbs this weekend.  Whole wheat mini pitas, hash browned potatoes, mashed potatoes, ice cream, cookies, corn tortillas.  I usually fight the urge to eat simple carbs, but this weekend I didn't care.  Although I feel now that I got it out of my system and am planning to get back on track tomorrow.

Read an article today about how to mix things up so you don't become bored with your workout.  One suggestion was to walk backwards on the elliptical. Set to level 8 and do 4 paces forward then 4 paces back, rinse and repeat for 2 minutes.  Do this 3 or 4 times in a 30min workout along with intervals.  I'm going to try this tomorrow.

I am also going to try a 30min stability ball workout.  http://www.ehow.com/videos-on_2264_stability-ball-workout.html

No comments:

Post a Comment