Sunday, February 27, 2011

Day 58 - Food, Food, Food

I have to say that exercise has gotten exponentially easier.  I wake up expecting to put in an hour or more of cardio.  I rarely have to push myself to get going.  Last month was much more challenging in that regard. 

But for whatever reason, I am struggling with food control.  My portions are pretty good for the most part, and I'm not snacking like a crazy fool.  My trouble is sweets and simple carbs.  I have eaten dessert for the last 6 days.  Friday I ate three brownies.  What is up with that?

Maybe I need to go cold turkey.  Just cut it all out.  Paleo.  Allow myself two cheat days, one full and one just dessert.  Do this for a month.  I know paleo works.  If I eat paleo, I can lose weight even without exercise, not that I would do that now, but that is a testiment to it's effectiveness. 

On second thought, cold turkey will probably doom me to failure.  Too extreme.  I will aim instead for two paleo meals per day this week and no more than three desserts.  Week two will be two desserts.  Week three 5 full days of paleo, two modified, and two desserts.  Week four will be 6 full days, one cheat, and one dessert. 

I feel like I'm not getting the most out of my exericise endeavors because I am not eating as well as I should for optimal weight loss.  But at the same time, I know from past experience that if my expectations for eating are too high, too "perfect," I will fail.  And failure equals weight gain.  It's difficult to know where to find the moderation line.  It could be that for me 75% paleo is more realistic than 100%.  Success is measured in perseverance not only pounds lost.  Who was more successful in the long run?  The tortoise or the hare?

No comments:

Post a Comment