Thursday, February 10, 2011

Day 41 - Recovery Time

I've been discouraged this week.  Worked really hard for four days and throughout the weekend, but come Tuesday, felt discouraged.  I feel fat.  I know that I have lost weight, and my clothes do fit better, but I still feel really fat.  I am anxious for the day when my fat pants are two sizes too big.

Last night I played basketball with my brother's kids, something I've been doing pretty much every week since the start of the year.  Running back and forth between hoops always leaves me gasping for air...until last night.  Last night I didn't gasp.  I didn't wheeze.  My  heart pumped and sweat poured off my forehead, but my lungs felt surprisingly calm.  I do believe my recovery time has improved.  Significantly.

Tomorrow will be 6 weeks.  They say it takes 6 weeks to notice a change.  I'm right on time.

I think the intervals and circuit training are paying off.  Walking and swimming too, but they're more of a moderate thing.  Apparently when it comes to cardiovascular health, slow and easy does not win the race...unless you're training for a marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment