Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Day 109 - The Day After (30 Days Paleo!)

Day before yesterday I cheated.  Big time.  Chips, refried beans, rice, and an entire pint of ice cream.  Yesterday I paid for it. 

I felt horrible.  Woke up thinking I was fine, but by noon, I had a headache.  All afternoon I was a little nauseous and felt like my blood sugar was low.  I was hungry between lunch and dinner.  I took an afternoon nap for the first time since beginning paleo/primal eating. 

I need to remember what that felt like. 

Once I got to the gym for my boxing class, I started feeling better.  The trainer said he didn't notice a lack of energy on my part, and honestly I didn't feel a lack of energy, but my mind was foggy.

Today I am back to normal.  Normal appetite.  No cravings.  Whew. 

Slept great again last night.  For three nights in a row, I haven't gotten up to pee before 6am.  Hope my new and improved sleep pattern is due to weight loss and primal living because that could mean the end of insomnia.  That alone would be worth a total conversion to the paleo/primal lifestyle.

P.S.  Today is my 30th day eating paleo.  I've had six cheat meals and popcorn twice.  Otherwise no grains, no starch, no refined sugar.  I do eat cheese and yogurt, and I have cream in my morning coffee or tea.  If I have something sweet, I use maple syrup, raw honey, or xylitol, but only the smallest of servings and not everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment