Monday, April 18, 2011

Day 108 - Cheat Days and Food Coma

A friend of mine visited for part of the weekend.  Knowing we would likely go to dinner Saturday night at her favorite seaside restaurant, I planned my cheat meal for her visit.  I ate pretty low cal and completely paleo prior to dinner.  My dinner consisted of unsweetened iced tea, three pieces of fried fish, salad, sauerkraut coleslaw, and lots of bread with butter.  I was comfortably full afterwards.  Later, at the movies, I ate gelato.

Woke up Sunday feeling great.  We'd walked five miles on the beach Saturday, so I'm pretty sure my high carb dinner/dessert didn't effect me much.  I made a paleo brunch and then we spent the afternoon at the pool.  All was well until.....dinner. 

I ate mexican food.  Gringo style.  Beans, rice, cheese, and lots of chips and salsa.  I ordered a taco and enchilada.  Not a whole lot of food, but I couldn't finish it.  I was stuffed.  Piggy stuffed.  Came home, fell on the couch, and went to sleep.  I had a serious food coma. 

When I came to, I wanted ice cream. I suppose I figured that since I had already gone hog wild, I might as well eat ice cream.  Not a healthy way of thinking, I know, but I didn't care.  Too lazy to walk the dog, I drove to the store for pig ears (for the dog) and Haagen-Dazs for me.   Then I proceeded to do something I haven't done since college.  I ate the entire pint.  Oh yes I did.  Not wanting leftovers tempting me from the freezer and not willing to throw half away, I ate it all.  All 850 calories.

Several hours later I went to bed, and slept like a baby. 

Today I am back on track.  No hesitation.  Just hoping I don't have to go through 3 days of cravings/sugar withdrawals and hunger.  That would be bad.  But it's almonst noon, and so far so good. 

I can't believe I ate the whole pint. 

No comments:

Post a Comment