Sunday, April 10, 2011

Day 100 - Call Me Cavewoman

I am a convert.  A believer.  Born again.  The paleo/primal way of life is fast becoming my religion. 

It took me nearly 3 months to lose 20 lbs.  Since adopting a paleo/primal diet over the past 3 weeks, I have lost 10 lbs and lots of inches.

I've been incorporating interval training and circuit training/high intensity strength training into my exercise routine for the past 2 months.  At first, I was tired, exhausted really, especially on the weekends.  I was sore nearly every day.  But now I feel rested, energetic, and only mildly sore after an agressive strength training session.  I still exercise 6 days a week, for a weekly total of about 8 hours, but only 30 minutes a day is vigorous (intervals or circuit).  The rest is moderate.  I alternate between intervals and circuit training every other day, which is a combination of strength training (free weights, etc.) and plyometric exercises with no rests between sets.  This I do for 30-45 minutes, plus a 5 minute warm up and cool down.  I recently began incorporating one moderate only exercise day in addition to my one rest day.  Usually Sundays.  I take a long walk (1-2hrs) and maybe a swim.

I'm finding it easier to eat paleo.  It does take planning, and I have spent many hours surfing blogs for paleo/primal recipes, but it's quickly becoming second nature.  My cravings are gone, and even when I allow myself a cheat meal, I tend to stay pretty low carb because the side effects just aren't worth the splurge.  My typical daily diet looks something like this:

Breakfast:  one paleo banana muffin, an egg, two pieces of bacon, decaf coffee with cream
Lunch:  Salad with basil dressing, pork chop and paleo gravy (drippings, butter, chicken broth, and almond meal), one orange
Dinner:  Chicken, carrot and zuchinni stuffed bell peppers, strawberries,

I don't snack between meals or eat after 7pm. 

I am amazed at how quickly the weight is coming off of me now.  I am smaller every day.  It is wonderful.  Most importantly, I feel great. 

No comments:

Post a Comment