Friday, July 22, 2011

Day 203 - Physical Therapy

I have been ordered by my doctor/physical therapist to take a week off.  No biking.  No swimming.  No strength training.  He has given me a dozen or so exercises for isolating and stretching my sacroilliac joint and instructed me to do them at least once a day every day.  So far I'm on track for every other day. 

I am dying for a swim.  It has been hot hot hot, and I miss the cool respite of the pool.  I might break the rules tomorrow and do some laps. 

My hip hurts.  The pain has spread out, and now it hurts even while sitting.  I guess this is a good thing, but I'm not sure.  It hurts more after the physical therapy exercises, and the next day, the pain radiates out from the joint. 

I am concerned that I will never be pain free again.  That this hip pain will derail my weight loss and fitness efforts.  I am trying to stay positive, but it is difficult. 

No comments:

Post a Comment