Thursday, July 14, 2011

Day 195 - Sacroilliac (Pain in the Butt)

After months of pain, 3 trips to the chiropractor, 4 massages, and lots of biking and swimming, I finally have a correct diagnosis.  I have sacroilliac joint pain caused, apparantly, from poor posture, quadricep dominance, and I don't really know what else.  Important thing is now I know what is going on and have a plan for fixing it. 

I met with a chiropractor at the swim and tennis club yesterday.  He spent well over an hour poking, prodding, stretching, and bending me until my sacroilliac had been moved in every direction possible.  Today I am sore.  But it's a good sore.  It's a pain before healing sort of sore.  I left with about half a dozen stretching exercises and an appointment for next Monday.  He wants me to limit myself to biking and swimming this week (as usual) and then next week we'll start working in some controlled strength training moves.  The stretches he gave me work both the sacroilliac and my core, particularly my lower abs. 

So I don't have sciatica after all.  Guess that's a good thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment