Monday, October 31, 2011

Day 304 - Quiche

In an effort to break away from cooking/baking boredom, I made quiche on Saturday.  Sure, it's rich, but if I couple it with a salad, is it all that bad?  Well, apparantly it is all....that....bad. 

After eating a slice, I decided to calculate the calorie count of 1/4 of the quiche.  Now keep in mind that it's a 8.5 inch tart, not a pie, and there isn't a whole lot of filling, so 1/4 slice is a moderate size.  Certainly not large by any means. 

Unfortunately moderate in size doesn't mean moderate in calories.  I calculated that one slice of bacon arugula quiche has a whopping 750 calories.  Who knew?

What I don't understand is that I am hungry 3 or 4 hours after eating a slice.  I had a 1/6 slice for breakfast, which I calculate to be about 500 calories, as well as an orange, and I'm already hungry.  It's only been two hours!

What's up with that?  Is it possible that I overcalculated the calories?

Nevertheless, I will not be making quiche again.  I'll stick to milk-based crustless but still good fritatta. 

On a positive note, the only sugar I had yesterday was a couple of bites of chocolate.  I did well overall, taking in about 1800 calories.  Still need to drink more water. 

No comments:

Post a Comment