Monday, October 17, 2011

Day 290 - Ugh

I have been avoiding my blog.  I did so well for the first 5 months of the year, but the last 3 or 4 have been bleak.  I've re-gained some of the 40 lbs I lost.  Not sure how many, but I'm guessing between 5-10.

That said, I want to be losing again.  I want to feel energetic and light.  I want to avoid simple, refined carbohydrates and all white foods.  I want to go to bed knowing I had a healthy day of eating and exercising and look forward to the same thing the next day.  But the reality is, I am in pain.  Not all the time.  Not when I'm sitting at my desk, but when I'm up and about, pain is constant.  Most of the time it's a general ache in my hip that reminds me to sit down every once in a while and recover.  But when I'm walking or exercising, the pain wears me out.  Reminds me that I have an injury that is holding me back. 

I am bored with  my exercise and the limitiations of my injury.  I feel  a little defeated.  I am disappointed in myself for falling of the wagon with my diet.  Just because I can't workout like I used to, doesn't mean I can't eat for weight loss. 

So here I am again on day 290.  I will not get fit this year, but I will be fitter at the start of 2012 than I was at the start of 2011.  And I will weigh less.  I guess that's what matters. 

I have approximately 10 weeks left in the year.  That's enough time to lose 10-20 lbs. 

I am tired already.

No comments:

Post a Comment