Sunday, October 30, 2011

Day 303 - 9 Weeks Left

There are 9 weeks left in 2011.  With the exception of Thanksgiving Day and Christmas festivities, I plan to make the best out of the 9 weeks remaining.  I have been whining and complaining about my hip pain for 6 months now.  As a result of this whining, I have gained 10 pounds.  I should be ashamed. 

I AM ashamed. 

Bottom line is that I can still lose weight with an injury.  My exercise may be limited, but my dieting is not.  If I eat healthy, low carbohydrate meals, avoid sugar, and drink lots of water each and every day, I will lose weight.

I recorded my food intake yesterday.  Of course I had all the best intentions, but in the end, I gave in to temptation....again.   I'm estimating my total caloric intake was 1800-1900, but that included cheetos, mini chocolates, a few candy dots, and vanilla ice cream.  I took a 30 minute TRX class, walked for 20, and swam laps for 25 minutes, so I don't think I gained, but I certainly didn't lose. 

This morning I threw away the bag of cheetos.  Why was that so hard?  I like cheetos at first, like any other junk food.  They taste good.  But then, all I taste is salt.  Even as I am eating them, I am thinking about how they don't taste good anymore.  It's as if I keep eating them in an effort to get back that initial "yum."  But it never happens.  I finally stop, and then I feel guilty.  After that, the thirst kicks in from all that salt.  I don't want to even think about the fat.

If I lose 2 lbs a week for the next 9 weeks, minus 2 pounds for the holidays, then that's a total loss of 16 lbs by January 1, 2012.  Considering the 10 I've regained, that would put me at 46 lb lost for the year.

Not my best year ever, but 46, or even 36, is better than nothing.   

The Anti-Christ

No comments:

Post a Comment