Monday, May 16, 2011

Day 136 - 7 Day Stretch

I ate crackers, ice cream, pudding, and mashed potatoes yesterday.  So much for my 8 days in a row without grains or starches.  I have revised my goal and am now aiming for 7 days at 80% compliance. 

Last week I dropped back on my exercise a bit.  Not consciously.  I exercised just under 7 hours instead of my usual 8.  I swam only once, so that accounts for the missing hour.  The weather has turned cold again, and I haven't felt like braving the chill when I get out of the water and walk back to the clubhouse.  Also, the big pool, although heated, feels cold when it's cold outside.  I swam once in the small pool last week but was frustrated by just how warm it was.  And how short.  I so much prefer the big pool.

*************************************************************************

I did better today. 

Breakfast:  2 eggs, 3 pieces bacon, 1 orange
Snack:  1 piece of string cheese
Lunch:  4oz steak, 1/3 cup mashed potatoes, mushrooms, green beans
Dinner:  roast chicken, paleo gravy, apple and cabbage coleslaw
Dessert:  dark chocolate square and tsp of peanut butter

Only cheat was the mashed potatoes, but they were worth it. 

For exercise, I walked the dog half and hour, did 20 minutes of intervals on the stationary bike, and took a boxing class, for a total of 1.5 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment