Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Day 81 - Paleo Week

I'm working from home all week, so I decided to start my paleo diet.  It's much easier to stick to a diet sans grains/simple carbs when I'm at home than when I'm on the road.  And there's something to be said for momentum, so I'm getting the most out of my travel-free week. 

Here's what I ate yesterday. 

Breakfast - 1/2 container full fat greek yogurt sweetend with honey, a bit of paleo style apple custard (coconut milk, coconut oil, apples), few pomegrante seeds, and a sprinkling of slivered almonds (approx 250 cals)
Lunch - lettuce wraps with nitrate free chicken and ham, avocado, artichoke soup (approx 450 cals)
Snack 1 - slice of string cheese (100 cals)
Snack 2 - chicken, tomato, grape seed mayo (100 cals)
Snack 3 - trail mix (100 cals?)
Dinner - pork chop, cauliflower and broccoli cheese casserole (approx 650 cals)
Dessert - leftover apple custard (approx 100 cals)

I don't intend to count calories on a regular basis, but I was curious, so this is an approximation.  1750 total calories is good.  I'm happy with that, especially considering I put in just under 2 hours of exercise. 

And I have to say everything I ate yesterday was delicious.  I did not miss bread, potatoes, or sugar at all.  Not one bit! 

But I was hungry throughout the day, which is unusual.  I can typically get by without snacks, or with just one between breakfast and lunch.  I ate 3 snacks yesterday.  Mid-morning, mid-afternoon, and after dinner.  I couldn't help it.  Hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment